Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wombfruit Update and Wacky Pets

W ent to the baby doctor last Tuesday the 23rd. Got to hear one very rapid heartbeat! The nurse said that all the rustling around I was hearing on the monitor was the baby.... surprise!... rustling around. So Wombfruit, as we have come to call Baby, is doing quite a bit of moving about down there and having a lovely time.

Pregnancy Site: "Your fetus is now about three inches long and the size of a peach. Also developing this week: your baby's vocal chords."

Well, I'm out of the first trimester or at least feeling like it. Yeehaw. I'm 13 weeks. Energy hath returned to me and I can cook again! Adam is happy about this news too. (Today I made homemade chicken noodle soup. Care for a taste?)


Big news in Campbellstown: We have a new arrival! Not Wombfruit, thankfully...still a little too shrimpy that one. A little parakeet has joined Bargeory in her tiny barred kingdom. And she's none too thrilled about him. I found him 2 Sundays ago lying in a divot in the parking lot of our apartment. Poor thing was shivering and very weak, but he's made a full recovery. We have named him Jake Leroy Delhomme. We drew names from a jug. Adam wanted to call him El Darno. Thankfully, God is sovereign.

Another pet surprise this past week was Adam's fish Augustine Aurelius getting an internal infection that caused her to swell like she had swallowed a gumball. I'll spare you the details but not the photos. (Coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment