Wednesday, January 14, 2009

8 Months!

"Seriously, Mom."

"Oh, I'm being photographed! Delightful!"
Such pretty eyes.
(I think she looks like her cousin Cailin here.)
As Daddy would say, "Yeah, she's good-looking kid."
Just a hint of her impish grin there.
...and after all those nice ones,
this one was just too hilarious to not include!
"Delectable biscuit, Mummsie!"

As of yesterday, our little girl is 8 months!
Here's some highlights from Babyland for all you mommies and Eva fans. (wink)

It's been a fun month visiting a lot of family and trying new things. These days, Evangeline Emma is moving more than ever and tho she can't crawl yet, she can get across a room via much rolling and scooting. She does tend to go backwards tho... ah well, she'll get it. Go, little girl, go! But really, I hope she waits just a little longer. I like her not moving fast yet, for when she does, I'm sure she'll be taking off and Mommy will be doing much chasing and teaching "May not touch."

Eva's little taste buds have been enjoying trying some new foods. Lately she's found a new love in rice cakes and she'll happily gum one to bits before Mommy can get the rest of lunch or dinner ready for her little munchkin. We've also added yogurt, crackers, and banana to her daily menu of cereal and fruit or veggie baby food. She loves her "big girl food," as the picture shows, and her dexterity is a little advanced for her age. (oh yeah, that's right, I said advanced. go Eva!) And after all this munching, as Mommy guessed would happen, a tiny first tooth has just broken the surface this week! I shall attempt to capture it's launch in a picture ... but I'm sure my darling will make that difficult! Wish me luck!

Also, taking after her mother, our baby girl is babbling constantly. She's using a range of consonants and at times sounding very like words - tho I know she has no idea of language yet. It can be really funny. She'll look at me or her daddy sometimes and very seriously try to communicate something in her Eva-speak. We're trying to get her to connect all her da-da-da's with the actual person, but as of yet all she does is grin when we stand there "da-da-da-ing our encouragement. It's as if she's thinking, "My poor parents. They're good people, but they're obviously out of their minds."

So, God has given us with another blessed month with this precious little person, and for it we are so grateful. We pray for many, many more blessed and healthy ones for the years to come, but count every minute as a privilege. What a fulfilling occupation motherhood can be when surrendered to and strengthened by the Lord. What a peace-giving thought to know I can carry every burden to the Cross and leave it there knowing fully that He will supply every need and grant better than I could ask for! What amazing grace He gives for each minute of each day. I praise Him for His mercy and goodness shown to me and my little family! Thank you, Lord, for little Eva!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is already 8 months! How fun it's been to watch her grow. Love the b&w pics. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a treat to see more pics of our little E! She's a doll and we miss her AND her parents! Such fun to see her growing up---so many delights! Happy 8 months!

    Lots of love from Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beeeeutiful Ole Bean...just like her momma :).

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she has to be one of the most beautiful babies(2nd to mine, of course;) that i have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I think Eva is one of the cutest babies ever!!! I love and miss you guys!! (Yay, my computer finally started letting me leave you a comment!!)
    Love you!!
    -Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a doll baby....and a true Campbell to boot. She'll be partaking of 5 Pork Breakfast before you know it! A fellow fan of ricecakes.
    granni jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Cute Cute!!! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she sure is a good-looking kid! ;) I can't believe Eva is getting so big. 8 months already? hmmm

    ReplyDelete