Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter Chickie

Easter means spring is here, white is now appropriate, candy can be found in the back yard, Christ is risen (!), and for me when I was a child..... BEAUTIFUL DRESS! Easter Sunday for 8 year old Emily meant you learned and talked about Jesus in your white gloves and lace hat that you hoped everyone had noted the moment you came in the front door of the church. (Seriously, every little girl I knew was thinking the same thing... I'm sure of it.) I'm looking forward to continuing this tradition of fun and femininity, hopefully with less vanity, with my daughter(s) as she/they grow. Hopefully, God in His graciousness will enable Eva to listen better than I did to what we teach her about Easter Sunday and the glorious Gospel we're celebrating... in the meantime, while God, we trust, is at work, she'll enjoy feeling "b-you-full."

I call this one "Mimi's Baby Doll"
Don't she look it?

Roaming in the Mr. Wayne's yard... dress was a gift from Miss Patti (Thank you!!)
Miss Maggie's flowers (we visit them daily)

"Sniffin' shmell goods."



She looks SO like her Mimi here! So beautiful.
This is her saying "cheese" face.

...so we tried "vitamin" (her gummy treat at breakfast) and we got a tiny grin.

She was taking this 'looking beautiful' thing a little too seriously.

The leaves make it look like it was cold out... but it wasn't.

"Dis one no shmell good. No like it. All done?"

Thank you, Laina.


One good grin,

one scream,

and we were done.
This is her faking sleeping so she doesn't have to do anything else I tell her to. I think she got that from Daddy.
(Wink. Love you, Baby.)

6 comments:

  1. Our cutie red-head! Really cute pictures, Em...Fun and spring-y! I think she looks like Grandmama in several of the shots--profile and expression. Can't wait to see you all soon!
    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Cutie Pie!! She is lovely like her Mama!! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, she is beautiful! I love her beautiful hair! Hope you all are doing well.

    Love, Amanda Boyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! I love her little bob she has!! Such sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see your sweet little one! I think she looks like Taylor in the one where she's "cheesing". Miss you lots! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete