Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My sprout grows...

 



As my Sprout grows, she's become much more independent. She hardly likes to be touched half the time due to wanting to try everything on her own. From perfecting her ice cream cone skills to road testing all Mummzie's shoes, it's always "Eba DO IT!" While I'm glad for the switch, she's now not nearly as fearful of her world, her free-spirited ways do bring out the "Eva Diva." Just today, Daddy and I were taking turns encouraging her to finish a last bite of banana, but Eva wasn't interested in her fruit. It must have been too much for her to have both of us telling her to "munch-munch," for she let out a primal yell, closed her eyes, and threw her head back like she was asleep. This method of "shutting out the world" (seen here ) is a favorite diversion from obedience, and unfortunately for this learning young mother, it makes me laugh every time! Which is SO not helpful when one little eye peeks open to see if her "trainer" has given up on The Great Last Bite of Food Battle. Ah, well, I'll learn, and I hope she will too somewhere in there.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Em, just remember all those pretend serious faces you gave me (And Izzy) during all my "Izzy battles". You can do it girl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO looking forward to the primal-scream-shut-out experience--probably this week at the beach when we all overwhelm her. :)
    And I'm sure I will laugh too, but I'll try to hide it.

    ReplyDelete