Saturday, July 31, 2010

Eva (quirk &) Quote of the Week and Grace Moments

This is Eva yesterday. And those are cheap toy sunglasses from the pediatrician for doing well at a check up.
She's been wearing them for 3 days only removing them to sleep.

Recently, I asked her why she needed to wear them all the time...
"I wear dees open glasses just like Mommy. Mommy has glasses, Eba has glasses."

So we've been shopping and to the park, all the while with my little "Lady Ga-Goggles" insisting she needs her "open" glasses. (open = not sun glasses) I guess she wants to be like me. (happy grin) I'm glad she isn't imitating some of my "uncute" habits - not getting dressed until 2pm, having a doughnut for dinner, talking too much, etc. Instead, much grace is visible in this little four-eyes' life as she's "catching" many good things from Mummzie and Dad as well as Lady 'Lage and of course all her little friends. Please and thank-you are a normal part of her vocabulary as well as "How you doin' , Mommy?" and "It's ok. We'll twy again!" Her happy voice is often heard encouraging her dolls and toys and disciplining them in love. She chants scripture while jumping on the couch, sings about amazing grace while trying potty, and when she knows Mummzie is having a hard day she is no longer fearful, but gently pats my back saying, "Is ok, Mom. It be all better. Mommy sad, but she be happy-heart soon."
That's my girl. Praise God for early work in her little life!

2 comments:

  1. Love the glasses AND the sweet "graces" too! And I love the way our Eba thinks. ;) Such a cutie--and always processing!
    Hugs and kisses from Mimi and Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the cute pics coming. We love them all and look every day for new ones. We love to see both mom and daughter. We feel so blessed to be related to you two and look forward to your next visit.
    Love you,
    Gmama

    ReplyDelete