Wednesday, March 21, 2012

'Sup with Dre: 8 months old!


I'm happy to report that this month...I grew.

 You knew you could count on me! This month I'm checkin' in weighing about 22lbs and I'm taller, but Ma is too busy to check how much... maybe I'll get back to ya on that one. Anyway, life is good. I'm breakin' in another tooth and I figured out how to use my fingers to grab tiny stuff - Ma an Pa are delighted as usual. I can play peek-a-boo too, but only to catch chicks. I'm up on my knees and rocking some these days, but only if they make me. I prefer to sit and yell for transport like any self-respecting gentleman would.

Looks like I'll be getting somethin' Ma calls a "Cranial Remolding Helmet." Apparently my head isn't shaping up in the back how my doctor thinks it should (thanks to that broken collar bone at birth), so in the next couple months if you see me sportin' defencive headgear, don't get too excited... I haven't been drafted, yet.

 In the last few weeks I've given up on talking, except one word, "Guh" and I use it to call Mom. She doesn't like it much, but I think it's funny that she comes anyway. Oh, and I really dig her lately. Somethin' about her...okay, I'll admit it, I've kinda grown a soft spot this month, but let's keep it between us, k? Truth is, Ma has this way that just makes me melt. Sometimes, I could just sit and "guh" at her for hours.

More new foods have been on the menu this month, which is good, because I've been considering weaning early - bottles are for babies. These days I prefer blueberries, yogurt, and if Dad takes us out, ice cream!

A few of my favorite things these days are hitting anything I'm holding against anything else, spitting, and biting (the friendly kind, no worries). I make Daddy proud. I also love music - especially live singing. Wanna get a grin? Just give me a melody.

Did ya know I'm a details man? Yup, I notice everything. Daddy changed his shirt? I've got a comment. Ma put up her hair? I need to see where that hair went. Sissy has chocolate on her face? Don't worry, I'll get it. The clouds move, I notice. A chair is in a different location than the day before? I give it a good stare-down. Ma says this is all a sign of high intelligence, I say, "Duh."  

I wanna be a big boy so bad, but my body, for now, isn't getting getting the plays I'm calling. When I try and can't go play with the neighbor boys and Sissy, I throw tantrums. As they should though, they come runnin' back when I bellow.

Catch ya later!

1 comment:

  1. such great photos! and such a big man--loved the update details! :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete