Saturday, May 19, 2012

'Sup with Dre: 10 Months!


'Sup y'all! Glad to have ya back here with me, Dre-Dawg. This month Ma and Pa have been less interested in my pee-wee football weight and more interested in the growth of my head. So that helmet thing they make me wear is "working" - whatever that means. Actually I don't have to wear it as much now, so I'm glad of that. I think Sissy is glad too; she doesn't call me "Skunk-head" as much. Apparently my headgear can smell funky at times to some sensitive types... okay, and everyone else. Whatever, I'm awesome.

10 Month Stats:
Weight: 23.5lbs
Length: 30in.

So ya know how I said I had decided to stick with my bottles a while longer? Yeah, well I guess I never passed that memo on to the higher-ups, because two weeks ago Ma was saying something about a cold turkey now I'm nothin' but sippy cup all of a sudden. What wha? It's cool tho, cuz it means more table foods. Yermz. (that's Ma's word for yummy)

Dad is still favorite. He's just sooo cool. Our thing lately is head-butting, and now with my helmet, I can totally take him. Grrrr!

Sock buddies!

Ya know how the parents really want me to crawl and pull up and stuff? Well, lately I've decided that I'll throw them a bone and give it a try... on my Dre terms, of course. So I only like to pull up on Ma or Pa, not anything else (too scary), and only if they are sitting on the floor. I tolerate my tummy time, but only because I can slide around on the floor like Soop-a-man. Sometimes I do this thing were I catch Ma's eye, and then I get up on my knees half-way, and fake an attempt to crawl just to get her to cheer and come running. Fun-ny. She's so gullible. I do call her by name now tho, so don't think I'm always mean to her. Another cool thing I "say" is a bubbley-drooly version of "Sshh!" to make Sissy laugh and "Mum-mum" for more food. So, ya know, the essentials. 

Do you guys know I like my sleep? It's the truth. I sleep from 8pm-8am at night, then take a nap from 10:30-1:30, then another nap from 3-6pm. Been this way since I was 4months old. I'm kinda the champ in that way, sleeping, and the parents sure dig it. But, with all these developmental changes going on at once, plus I'm getting older, I haven't been sleeping as solidly some days - too much personal awesomeness to think about. Take that extra awake time in my bed though, and add itchy skin from the weather changing temperatures so much, and you get Capt. Scratchy, as Daddy says. Kinda freaks Mom out to find her baby's face all nicked, bloodied, and rough when she comes to wake me up, so look what she's done to me, people. I'm not Capt. Scratchy, I'm Sergeant Sausage Arms.

Besties pretending to rest-y. Sissy digs my pack-n-play.

Lately Ma and Pa have finally caught-on to the fact that I hate the cold. They let me wear my beloved sleepers all the time now so my nose doesn't get chilly in the AC. It's mid-May y'all, and it's been over 80 here a several times, and I haven't worn shorts and a T-shirt yet. Don't even think I own a tank top, which is a shame cuz I got great arms. Yeah, the chilly ain't silly to the Dre. Unfortunately, my family are like half-Viking or something and LOVE the cold. Dad can't handle any kind of humidity indoors and Ma and Sis are always wilting after 10 minutes in the sunshine. Couple of shade flowers, those two. In the picture below notice Sissy's mini skirt versus my sleeper - with undershirt on underneath. Yeaaahup, it was a shivery 74 on that day.

I hear my name a lot, and I like that, but in the last few months I've heard the parents and Sissy changing my name. So I used to be Dre, right? Well, it seems my new name is "No Dre" now. I don't get it. 

Favorite these days are BATHES, drumming on everything with everything else, playing toss-the-ball with Dad, eating leaves, playing tag with Sissy, Ma singing me to sleep, anything with Dad, frozen yogurt, and rolling.


Gimmie those "old soul" eyes, won't you Baby?

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing pics of Dre and Eva. Colin says "Hey Dre-Slow down with the growth spurt there!! :) Give me a break!! :)!!""

    ReplyDelete