Friday, June 15, 2012

Adoption Update: The End of the Process, Final Order!


Lookie what came in the mail a few weeks back!

Like it says, it's our final order of adoption that states that Dre is officially a Campbell now as of...

Favorite tear-jerking line: "This order states that all requirements of the law have been met, and that the minor child known as DeAndre, born on the 17th day of July, 2011 in Virginia, is henceforth, to all intents and purposes, the child of Petitioners Adam C. Campbell and his wife Emily A. Campbell, and shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges, and subject to all the obligations, of a child of said Petitioners born in lawful wedlock, and that the name of the child shall be DeAndre Braddock Campbell." 


I love how the Order calls Adam and I "Petitioners" just like we've called ourselves as we've prayed for God to grow our family through adoption these past two years. How happy and settling these last 10 months with Dre have been! And how sweet this final step feels. 

It's truly awe-inspiring how God has designed our hearts with the capacity to love a child that is not of our own bodies, with the same fierce passion that we feel for the child that is "from us." When I look at Dre I don't see adoption, I see the son that God gave me a heart for many years ago as a little girl. (that story to come...)  Our hearts were made for Dre, and his for us. (Happy tears.) 

"For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him."
1 Samuel 1:27 ESV




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful blessing and joy!! can't wait to see our little almost-one-year-old boy!!Love you all.

    ReplyDelete