Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dre's First Birthday Continued!



That's right folks, your boy Dre here is one whole year old, and that means ....It's PARTY TIME! 

Ma made this green-lookin' thing called a "cake" and, get this...they lit it on fire, sang about it, and then presented it to me like I was supposed to be impressed or something. Everybody was all excited and watching, Sissy was cooing "Eeeeeat it, Dre," and I woulda hated to disappoint them, so like the southern gentleman that I am, I says, "Okay, I guess I'll try it."


"I'll just have a little bite..."


Yeah, my nose got filled with awesome.



Good job, parents, you guys can present cakes to me as often as you like from now on. And, sure you can light 'em on fire if that makes ya happy, but the singing I can live without.

I hear when Sissy got her birthday cupcake, she took an initially more delicate approach. Girls.



Now onto what I'm up to these days... which, of course, is nothing short of coolness.

12 Month Stats:
Height: 31.5 in. (70%)
Weight: 26.5lbs. (55%)

While doing The Worm was pretty rockin', it kinda slowed me down, so this month I've decided crawling is an option after all....okay, it's pretty sweet. Seriously, I can get from A to B in seconds flat! No surprise, I know. Oh yeah, and I am also the Stair Master.


I'm still working on my vocab - got a bunch more new words under my belt now, favorite being "PATCH!" Also acquired: "Cheese" "UmBA" (Eva) "Yesh"(Yes) "Ni-Ni" (Night) "Yay!" "Dutch" (No Touch) and "Boop" and "Butch!" (Book).

We've had a lotta different people here lately, Uncle Joe, Alan, Tay, Mimi and Grandpa, Yum-yum and Bumpa, those sweet Martino chicks, Patch....

and they were pretty cool, but I still mostest prefer Daddy. He's da man. 

Speaking of family, my auntie Eli is getting married next month, and I'm sure she's going to need me to help usher at the wedding, so I've been practicing my balancing. Today I showed Ma what I'm made of by standing straight up, no hands - she flipped. Just for fun, I did it again. Y'all shoulda seen the googoo-cooing and cheering! I got down pretty quickly though because, quite frankly, she was embarrassing herself. Look for me to be stridin' with my swagger on though in a month! I think I've almost got this walking thing about down.

Also to look forward to, if you're planning on seeing me soon, is my unmistakable sense of humor. You guys have already seen it in action, but, if you can imagine, there's more. My latest joke, when nobody is paying me any attention, is clapping then smacking myself in the eye. Hi-larious. Kinda hurts, but mostly funny. It gets Sissy, so that's all I really care about. "No, Dre! Ouch!" (Giggle) Yes, Sissy, ouch, but your laugh is worth it.

Oh big news! Ma finally got my memo about switchin' to whole milk! I may finally make my peewee football weight now - no more of that baby food and formula. (See me applauding the last jar of mush below) Now if I could just get her to feed me the breakfast of champions... 

Yup, I'm a big boy now. I dig high fives, ribs 'n steak fries, wrestling (watch out for my Russian Sickle), singing, growling, jumping, slamming doors, screaming at athletes on the TV, pointing at everything, and slurpin' juice boxes. Oh man is that stuff the nectar! World, you have been holding out on the Dre. 

Biggest news this month is.... NO MORE HELMET! Yup, Ma and Pa have decided my melon is the shape that it should be, and since that thing was getting a bit snug anyway, I'm done! This is good news as far as healthy physical development, sure, but also for mental development because Sissy won't be able to call me Skunkhead anymore. Now I can get to workin' on my Afro... 

No comments:

Post a Comment