Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Postcards from NE

For my birthday, the Huz gave me the MOST AMAZING gift.... a train ticket to New England! 
He sent me to my friend Meg in Massachusetts for a few days, and then Joey joined up with me to take a road trip up the coast of Maine (more on that in the next post). Let me tell ya folks, it was the most beautiful and adventure-filled trip I've ever been on, the only thing that woulda made it better was if my Huz could have come too! Here's some highlights: (sorry for the blurry iphone pics, tried to pack light)  



This is us "studying" Harvard.


I didn't know Boston had trolleys, did you?

Indi-Dan-aJones (Meg's man in the fedora there) lead us all around the city that day - very cool.

Head-in-a-hedge.

Next day, Meg and I headed to the port of Hyannis to take the ferryboat to Nantucket....

But we missed it. Yep.

  
So we spend the morning running around on the docks and taking a boat ride around the harbor. The captain gave me this...

Since we had a whole day, and not in Nantucket, we drove to another coastal spot, and another state (they're all close together up there), and toured Newport, RI.


Disobeying the signage for the sake of treasure hunting. Megan wisely did not crawl down there with me... someone had to stay back and take the pictures after all.

This is us being besties.

 This is Rhode Island being pretty.

This is that road I couldn't pronounce.

And this was a great day!



1 comment: