Thursday, March 13, 2008

Help Wanted


This week has crept by s-l-o-w-l-y
Manly-Man was out of town with his bros playing golf until Wednesday eve. Does time pass slower when your heart is a good 200 miles away in another state? I'm a hopeless romantic, I know it. And you wish you were too, admit it.

Jane and I were talking about Pastors College and how to make a "cave" a home. She told me to buy a candle that made me feel happy when I smelled it's yumminess. And so I did... and it is so yummy. Don't you wish blogs could be scratch-n-sniff? 

You all can be praying for us for the PC that fund raising will go well, that we'll find places to store our stuff, that God will be preparing our hearts and minds, and ... for my sake : ) that we will have a cozy place to live. 


Truth: God has our place to live already planned and it is a good place because He is planning it. But ya know how everyone has their own idea of what homey is? Well, I guess I'm hoping for something that feels like that. It's hard to imagine someone's basement or spare bedroom having that feel though. 

Yes, I know "home is where your family is." and "home is what you make it to be." And that's true, life in Campbelldom is good because we have the favor of God and each other's good company. I'm just talking about some practicals that, to be honest, I struggle with. What would you all suggest? How do you make the space you have into a welcoming, comfortable, and peaceful place that your husband and children love to live in and guests love to come to? The Lord knows I want to glorify Him with my attitude no matter what I find when we put those boxes down in MA. Pray for me to be  joyfully excited for His plan and mission that we're on together as a family. I am excited for the mission, for what God's bigger plan is through this season and through our lives, just maybe not as siked so much for the process. I'm not fretful about it, just not as jazzed as I'd like to be. :) Like he is:
One other thing: Does anyone want to babysit my fish or birds or plants for 10 months? Sigh, I'm going to miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment