Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sourdough Perils

Good Morning, all! 
I awoke this morning nice and late (I'm growing a baby, y'all. Sleep is beautiful.), and upon entering my galley-narrow kitchen discovered this! 

What is it? It's a disaster, that's what it is. I need some sourdough bread making help, ladies. As you can see, my starter has exploded. This is the second starter I have ruined. The last one got nice and foamy only an hour after mixing, which as all good SD bread makers know, is too soon... it's supposed to sit for 48 hours at least before it's "ripe." I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Are there any merry bread makers out there who can help? 

In the meantime, I'll need to go to the store and get a happy thick artisan SD loaf to go with our pot roast tonight. Mmm.. pot roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment