Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Passing the Time





We do what we can in the Campbell household to help the time to pass as we wait for Baby. Some of our favorite pastimes include: taking many long walks, watching political bobble head discussions, praying, eating lasagna, celebrating false... er, I mean new "holidays," and baking! 


I've never been a good baker, (just ask my sister how my cornbread is) BUT desiring to serve my Beloved, I began a search for the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. And I believe I have found it! Adam has fallen deeper in love with me these past weeks as I have excitedly presented him with not one, but TWO successful batches of with warm, chewy, oatmeal raisiny deliciousness. (with a glass of milk on the side, naturally.) 

These cookies really do turn out great, (hint: remove them from the oven when they are barely browned and still rare) and they stay chewy for several days following, which was what sold me on this recipe. I've tried others. They're soft at first, but harden to a granola bar consistency within an hour. And my Prince likes his cookies chewy, so this could not be, and so my search began... and now it continues with The Quest for the Perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie! (To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment