Friday, August 15, 2008

Here

Gaithersburg is different. It's busier, older, and has far more 7 elevens and Starbucks than are necessary, but we're enjoying it. It all feels like a vacation right now. Adam is home all day every day and we're eating fish sticks or Panera. There's a lot of work, but it's not dull setting things up. It really doesn't feel real yet. Each morning I wake up and think, "We'll be going home (to Charlotte) in a few days." But we won't, will we?

I'm sure reality will begin to sink-in on Sunday morning when I go to a strange (and huge!) church building and where the preacher isn't Mickey, and nobody wants to see how much Eva has grown, and Taylor won't run up to me with his bobbley, eagle-flapping hug. Then, afterwards, we won't be going over to Mom and Dad's for dinner and history movie watching, we'll go back to our little apartment and it will just be our little clan.

Yep, it's going to be different for a while, even a little sad, but that strange, huge church building still houses God's people who, because of His Son's death, are redeemed, just like me. And we're all called to the same good purpose; serving Him. And I know that, because of The Cross, I can love these people and learn and grow along with them. Doesn't the Gospel make things so nice and simple? We love, because He started it by loving us first.

I miss my CrossWay church family and my kinfolks (yeah, that's what i'm callin' ya'll Hawkcrew now), but I know you all are praying for us and I know God has carried us here to G-burg for a glorious Cause. His Cause, the Gospel. It's an honor to obey and be a part... and it is so worth it.

But who will Patch tell his week's adventures to now???

P.S. We love our condo! Video tour to come...

7 comments:

  1. So glad to see you all arrived safely and soundly! I know you'll "grab the bull by the horns" and make the most of your time, I'm sure it will go quickly and you'll look back at it and maybe even miss it a little :) The Lord has big plans for you, Friend. Love you! Audrey said she'll hold the fort down until Eva's return...

    ReplyDelete
  2. saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
    if you want, I will come visit you and Eva, but not Adam. And I will rave about how huge she is and give you a hug and we will get coffee and I will sneak Eva snacks. It will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll run up to you guys at church! ;)

    I am excited that ya'll are here for the pastors college. thanks so much for the sacrifice you are making for the Lord, your rewards in eternity will be great! Looking forward to getting to know you guys better while you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww.... that was kinda sad! But I think you're gonna love it. (Bet you made your Mom cry with this post!) ; )
    PC is fab. Pour your heart in it, Em. There's so much to learn and so many people to learn it from.
    (Oh, and give Julie P. a HUGE hug from me and tell her I love her.) thanks : )
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YaaaY! You're there! Have a blast up there. I just knew way back when that Adam was going to PC...remember the 4 of us during the "first steps of faith" thingie? I remember talking about it back then. I can't believe almost 2 years have gone by since Gil and I moved up here and started attending Crossway...what a terrific 2 years of spiritual growth and growing pains it has been. Hey, do you think I could get away with being a snotty 2 year old? I will be 2 (in Christian years anyway) on Oct 13th. I can't believe it. BTW, I wrote on your "wall" this morning. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We miss you guys already! Can't wait to see pics of the condo!

    ReplyDelete