Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What We've Been Up To...

It's a busy season in Campbellstown as we get ready to pull out on Monday for Maryland. (this may be my last post before moving) Much to do and not a lot of time to do it in! I've been tempted to be (and have been!) overwhelmed by it all. Plus, Eva and Mommy have colds. Mine isn't bad at all, but poor baby, she is so stuffy sometimes and is waking up at night now. Arrg. The most comforting thing though, is that God wants us on this road and in this season of craziness right now and so He's providing the grace for it. And I see and feel it! There's always time and energy for what He calls me to and I'm a happy child in His good care. 

And Adam and I are so in love with (each other! smooch! oh, wait... focus, Emily.) our little Bean. She is a pure delight. Even when she has her stinky/ cranky/ pouty moments there's nobody like our Eva to make us laugh and praise God. What a miracle she is! A beautiful, contagiously joyful miracle. 

She is a good baby. She's been healthy up until now and only crying when there was something wrong. She got into her routine in 3 days and was sleeping through the night in 4. What a blessing! Scheduling is sweet. Then vacation and sickness came and she's back to her 4am need-mommy time. I'm waiting for her to get better and waiting until we get settled in MD before reminding her that she knows how to sleep though the night. In the meantime, I don't mind our little mid-night meetings. She's always so happy to see me. She flails around and snorts and snuffles excitedly (because of her cold). Boy, does she hate her nose drops tho! (She's glad for them a moment later when she can breathe again.)

Evangeline is 12 + pounds and getting her healthy chunkiness. She's definitely got some Hawkins' baby cheeks. Don't you love 'em!? Sometimes it looks like she's tired of holding them up and so she just gives up and sits there "blobbing-out." It's the funniest thing. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime.  

Here's what Eva's been doing lately:

"I tried a new bow."


And I've been trying to sit up a lot recently, 
especially in my pram, see? So, Mom said it was time to meet my booster seat. 


At first it was scary...


... then it was fun ...


... but then it was scary again.

Mom let me use her neck pillow on the floor. It's squishytastic.


I'm pretty good at holding myself up though.


See?

I also have been helping Mom with the laundry. 
You see this towel? I wrestled him down so Mom could fold him.
 He ain't goin' nowhere!


Ok, I'm tired. Mom are you done taking pictures of me? 
Can we snuggle now? I think I want blankie and nap.
 

9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. i just can't stand how cute she is. holy fire.

    kiss her head for me. she will know it's from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Emily!
    I remember those days. Late night feedings, sickness in the house and... well, I've never had moving in the mix... but I'm sure God had it in mind. What a comfort to know that our loving father has everything under control.

    Praying for you!
    And see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Cuteness Em! Makes me want my little girlie to hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting big! And so cute! We are sure going to miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eva, it's Audrey. I sure am bummed out we didn't get to play before you leave. I'm sad. But I will keep looking at the pictures of you that your mom puts up so I don't forget you. I'm excited for you to move back, we'll be big girls by then! We'll have tea parties, do each other's hair, go shopping, you know big kid stuff. Can't wait! Safe travels, love you!

    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Eva, Your are such a cutie!!! Your a big helper with all those towels !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny & sweet! I love those pictures (and the commentary)! We can't wait to meet you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is getting the Hawkins cheeks! Beautiful girl...I'll be praying for your move, I know it isn't easy. And really, I want to help you unpack when you need it! The drive isn't far, and I only work 2 days a week. jenevievegrace@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love looking at pictures of Eva! How cute she is!

    ReplyDelete