Monday, July 27, 2009

Inspection: Good News and Decor Design

We had the inspection for the house done this past Friday and ..... praise God, there were not expensive fixes needed now! Hooray! We can buy the house! Yay! The bank wants us to close by August 22nd, I think, so that means we're only a few weeks away from our first home! Praise God!

Thanks to all y'all that have been praying. We've been calling the place the "Hallelujah House" because of just how amazing God has shown Himself to be thru this whole process. He truly is worthy of praise! We also had a couple contractors come and look at the place and give us estimates for the work that is needed, and it looks like we're going to be able to do the fixes and even make it feel like our own and still be in our budget. Again, thank you, Lord! It's all quite exciting!

So now it's working out my pallets, inspirations, and themes for the different rooms so that we can buy paint, carpet, and countertops in a few weeks. So my head is filled with warms and cools, patterns and fabric, photographs, and project ideas. Planning is such fun! Right now my general theme for the house is "country comfort" with autumn tones driving most of the color pallet choices. Eva's room and the play room will be exceptions. (gonna have a little more fun there! Did someone say murals?) Each room will have it's own "inspiration item" that will guide the design process. For example, my brother took this beautiful shot of a tiny daisy/black-eyed susan flower that I just adore. It's color and earthy feel are going to be my
inspiration for the family den downstairs. (brown-yellows and chocolate) I hope it all comes together!

Just for fun, here's another shot that my bro took that I love... loves to the Evo!

4 comments:

  1. Em, your decorating thoughts sound wonderful! How fun to get to be able to do all that work and decorating!!! I am SO happy for your little fam:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some wonderful ideas for the decorating scheme. Congrats with the new place..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really cool, its so great how God always provides for our needs, and "far more abundantly than all that we ask or think" (Eph. 3:20).

    Congrats! I hope everything continues to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy for you! the Lord lOVES to give good gifts to his children does he not!? I expect only the highest standards for the guest room!

    ReplyDelete