Thursday, January 7, 2010

Goodbye Baby Mullet! (Eva's First Haircut)

Yes, the time did come this autumn to give the pretty curls their first snip. Some of you may say, "Noooo! Baby girls don't need hair cuts, they need piggy tails!" And I partially agree with y'all. Problem tho is that she started to need something done with her hair every time we were to venture out (otherwise she just looked shamefully shaggy) and that's when I decided that she could use a trim. Some of you may say then, "Of course she needs something done with her hair! She's a girl!! She'll always need something done with it!" And to y'all I'd say firstly, to calm down, and secondly that I delight in fixing my beautiful child's hair, but simplicity is an enormous blessing and often a necessity when one has many a duty to attend to, and so I acted thusly.

Before:


Teeth brushing = Eva sitting still
She likes her "dress."
After:
Over all, it went well. It took 5 minutes and one toothbrush, and Chicken Nugget stayed still and happy the whole time. Her hair is curly back there, so Mummzie's flubs where mostly camouflaged. And she's so goshdarned cute anyway that nobody would notice.

3 comments:

  1. It looks adorable! I'm afraid Laurel won't get a first haircut until she is 5 (due to lack of hair!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I greatly enjoy the love with which Miss E is gazing at herself in the mirror in the second pic. There is a little girly in my house who does the same thing:)

    Her hair looks cute! I've already had to cut Kate's hair once (poor thing had fallen prey to the dreaded baby mullet) and it needs to be done again now. Her's is sooo straight though that I am a little nervous to do it by myself now that she is more active:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! 'm all about simplicity! :-) I'm actually pondering a bit of a trim for Jacob but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete