Saturday, March 14, 2009

The HOPcakes (100th POST!)

For International Pancake Day (what? you didn't know) we celebrated by heading to IHOP for our free shortstacks.

Free!

The patient waiters.

Eva couldn't wait to try her first pancakes!
Adam considering the breakfast meats.
When Lilbit's shortstack was served to her, she decided that today, instead of trying pancakes, she wanted to try butter...

... and in it went, much to Mommy's horror. Gross!
(I'm surprised that this picture turned out. I was putting the camera down so fast to try to stop her from swallowing that thing whole. The look on her face when she got it in her mouth was priceless! "Uhm, now what do I do?" We were laughing so hard trying to scoop it out.)

And here she is complaining that her cakes didn't have enough butter on them.
We tried to tell her that that's what happens when you eat it all at once.

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited (at a much older age than Eva) when I saw what I thought to be a scoop of ice cream on pancakes for breakfast at a Denny's. I did the same thing as Eva and probably made the same face after discovering "that's not ice cream"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I was bummed we missed going! You guys are too funny!

    ReplyDelete